Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Just a Little Bit About Me....

I'm Jill Lewis, the photographer behind Just Jill Photography. I am wife to Clark and mom to Drew (born 9/16/08). I was in Children's Ministry for 9 years before my son was born. It was then that I became a stay at home mom - the best job I have ever had, and the most important call God has ever placed on my life.

It is hard to say when my love for photography began. I have always had a camera in my hand at any "event" for as long as I can remember. After my husband and I got married, he saw my love for the camera and bought me my first digital SLR. I went into the digital world somewhat kicking and screaming, but after a couple of hours with my new "toy" I was hooked. And then I just wanted to learn all I could about photography - the real mechanics of it all. Taking pictures for my family led to friends wanting me to take their pictures. With the encouragement of my friends, family, and sweet husband, I began shooting sessions for friends - and those friends told their friends, who told their friends...and Just Jill Photography really took off!

I am truly grateful to all of the wonderful families who have entrusted a "beginner" with their precious family memories - and for thinking enough of me to pass my name along to their friends!

My style is natural, laid-back, fun, and personal. You won't hear the typical phrases like "Say Cheese" or "Look at the camera and smile" during my sessions. Instead, you will see me playing with your kids and doing lots of crazy things to make the smile and laugh. I will tell you not to worry - we are getting some great shots. And even though you think we aren't, I can almost always guarantee you that we are. Being in front of a camera can be intimidating - so I try to make it as fun and as natural as possible.

Unlike many photographers, all of my packages include a CD of images for you to have and to keep. Your images belong to you - they are your memories to keep and share however you wish. While I offer prints at reasonable prices, I do not require you purchase prints from me. However, I am always happy to help you create memories for your walls or your photo albums.

When someone books a session with me, I consider it an honor to be invited into your lives for a short time and help you turn moments into memories....

I look forward to hearing from you!

No comments: